Marc Bension has been named Ticketmaster’s executive VP/chief operating officer, in charge of developing new strategic alliances and new business ventures.Bension, formerly president of MCA Concerts, will supervise Ticketmaster’s daily operations at its L.A. corporate offices. He will report to Fred Rosen, the company president/CEO. Bension worked at MCA Concerts from 1981 until late last year. He was responsible for an international network of amphitheaters that produced over 800 concerts annually. Ticketmaster, the biggest computerized ticketing service in the world, has been rapidly developing since its purchase late last year by Paul Allen, one of the co-founders of Microsoft. Within two months, the company will start its own Ticketmaster Channel, devoted to home shopping.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut