As expected, former Capitol Records exec David Simone has been tapped as the new chief of Polygram Music Publishing, filling the void left by Colin Cornish, who left the company last June.The Simone appointment had been rumored since late November, when Polygram Intl. Music Publishing CEO David Hockman began making overtures to industry execs. Simone is a former senior VP of business affairs at Capitol. Prior to that stint he helmed MCA’s Uni Records imprint. He will assume the new post on Feb. 14. An official announcement is expected next week. A Polygram spokesperson declined comment. But staffers at PMP’s L.A. office confirmed the February start date.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut