American Society of Composers, Authors & Publishers president Morton Gould said he will step down from the post once a successor is named.“Over the past few months, the board of ASCAP has taken decisive actions recognizing the challenges facing ASCAP and unanimously adopted a bold, new strategic agenda,” Gould said during Wednesday night’s membership gathering in Los Angeles. “As ASCAP establishes a new strategy, I believe it is also time for us to elect a new president.” The retirement announcement surprised members of the board. The board was scheduled to meet today. Gould, who helmed the performing rights org for the past eight years, said he will stay on to assure a smooth transition once the new leadership is elected.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut