Capitol Records joins the growing list of labels using vinyl records as marketing tools to promote its releases.To commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Beatles’ arrival in America, Capitol will release “I Want to Hold Your Hand” next month as a vinyl single. Vinyl, once considered as extinct as the stegosaurus, is experiencing a resurgence in popularity. Capitol will kick off its yearlong celebration of the Beatles’ arrival by pressing 30,000 copies of the single. It will be housed in the original picture sleeve and will have the same B-side, “I Saw Her Standing There,” as the 1964 release.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut