NEW YORK — CBS Inc. has filed a trademark infringement suit against two brothers who plan to open a chain of restaurants named Television City.The network said it has run a production studio called Television City in Los Angeles for 42 years and use of the name by anyone else would cause irreparable harm. CBS filed the suit late Tuesday in federal court in New York, seeking a permanent injunction against brothers David and William Liederman. The Liedermans plan to open the first Television City restaurant in New York City’s Rockefeller Center this year, their lawyer said. Others are planned for Los Angeles and Las Vegas. A temporary restraining order was issued Tuesday preventing them from using the Television City name in advertising or promotions until a hearing later this week.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut