Kristin Gerlach has been promoted to VP, broadcasting-legal, at Capital Cities/ABC. She was senior general attorney, law & regulation, principally representing the ABC network.A 12-year company veteran, Gerlach will be responsible for negotiations, contracts and rights acquisitions for the stations, news, sports and radio divisions.
* * *Helen Boehm, VP for the Fox Children’s Network since April 1990, has been named VP of public service and Children’s Network at Fox Broadcasting Co., a new post. Boehm, an educational psychologist, will oversee network and affiliate public service efforts, continue to advise Fox on children’s programming issues and review all child-directed advertising.
* * *Joseph Sparacio was upped to VP/controller of Loews Theatres, a Sony Pictures Entertainment company.
* * *Pam Brady and John Miller have both been upped to managers in program development at Fox Television Station Prods. Miller and Brady have been involved with “The Mo Show” and “Culture Clash.” The division also produces “Cops, “”Studs” and “America’s Most Wanted.”
* * *John Matich was promoted to manager, production, RCA Records label, and Concetta Cannata was upped to manager, production, Bertelsmann Music Group video. RCA is a BMG label.
* * *Mario Cooper will be responsible for developing multimedia projects as VP/multimedia for publisher Hachette Filipacchi Magazines.