NEW YORK — The Off Broadway hit “Jeffrey” has been optioned by one of its stage producers and will begin shooting in New York this summer.“‘Jeffrey’ just closed and we’re shooting the film this July,” said Mitchell Maxwell, president of Workin’ Man Films and co-producer of the play. Workin’ Man Films will produce the movie in association with “Jeffrey” playwright Paul Rudnick, who completed the screenplay last week, Maxwell said. “Jeffrey,” a comedy about a gay man who chooses celibacy so he won’t get AIDS , closed Off Broadway earlier this month. It also had a successful run last fall at the Westwood Playhouse. Maxwell projected that “we’ll make a profit” but that the movie would primarily play the arthouse circuit in limited distribution.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut