Disney’s Broadway production of “Beauty and the Beast” had ticket sales of $ 603,494 on April 19, breaking the record for ticket sales on the day after opening, as was noted in Thursday’s Daily Variety. However, the record for biggest single-day wrap ever continues to be held by “The Phantom of the Opera,” which sold $ 920,271 worth of tickets on Nov. 23, 1987.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- ONSLOT, New York, New York
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California