TriStar Pictures and the IndieProd Co. have optioned the film rights to crime writer Joe Gores’ novel “Dead Man.”The book, published last year, tells the story of a private investigator who seeks to avenge the death of his wife and child. Gores, a former private investigator, has written nine crime novels, including “Hammett” and “A Time of Predators.” This marks the third project under IndieProd’s deal with TriStar. The first two projects are in post-production: “Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein” starring Robert De Niro, Kenneth Branagh (who also directs) and Helena Bonham Carter, and “The Quick and the Dead,” starring Sharon Stone, Gene Hackman, Russell Crowe and Leonardo DiCaprio and directed by Sam Raimi.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut