Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer has hired former Paramount promotion director Kathryn A. Findling as product placement VP for the upcoming MGM and UA slates, it was confirmed Tuesday.As expected (Daily Variety, Dec. 30), Findling’s new duties atthe rebounding studio will include beefing up advertiser involvement in pictures from both distrib arms. Although traditionally a marketing position, Findling instead will be reporting to newly appointed exec production VP Robert Relyea instead of the equally new exec marketing VP Gerry Rich, whose work on the studio’s upcoming movies will be crucial for the studio’s B.O. take in 1994. Previously, Findling was Paramount’s production resources and promotion director, and also served as the studio’s manager of national promotions and licensing.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut