MGM will dress the Lion in blue and gray for a Civil War suspense project to be scripted by Kevin Jarre.MGM prexy Michael Marcus said the Lion inked a deal with the scribe based on a pitch from producers Bill Pace and Ronnie Clemmer under their Longbow Prods. banner. Jarre most recently penned “Tombstone,” but also drew plaudits for another Civil War epic, “Glory.” “We knew that he was really good on period pieces,” Marcus said. “It was a concept that came in and we decided to pick it up.” Marcus described the idea as a suspense drama about a friend of President Abraham Lincoln’s. The deal was negotiated by MGM production exec Elizabeth Seldes and several William Morris agents who were not identified. Dan Witt will co-produce and Jocko Marcellino will be associate producer.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut