Surge Comic Properties Inc. announced Monday an early ’94 production start on the $ 65 million Sylvester Stallone starrer “Judge Dredd,” which is slated for a Memorial Day 1995 release.The pic is an adaptation of the comic series about a futuristic law enforcer who maintains law and order by acting as judge, jury and executioner. Producers are Edward R. Pressman, Andy Vajna and Charles Lippincott. Hollywood Pictures is slated to release domestically, while Cinergi holds foreign rights. Pic will be directed by Danny Cannon from William Wisher’s screenplay and shot in England.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut