Samuel Goldwyn Co. picked up “To Live,” the latest film from director Zhang Yimou, who helmed “Raise the Red Lantern” and “Ju Dou,” a 1990 Best Foreign Language film nominee.The indie describes the film as an epic, multigenerational love story that chronicles a prominent Chinese family from the 1940s through the 1960s. It stars Gong Li, who also starred in “Farewell My Concubine.” The film is in post-production in China. Goldwyn hopes to get it in competition at this year’s Cannes Film Festival and plans to release it this fall. “To Live” is produced by Chiu Fusheng and the screenplay is by Yu Hua and Lu Wei.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut