Republic Pictures shareholders will meet Tuesday to approve a merger agreement, announced in December, between the company and Spelling Entertainment. Most company assets are expected to be folded into Spelling.The Washington Post Co. completed its acquisition Friday of two Texas television stations. The company paid $ 253 million in cash, to K&C Communications Inc. for KPRC, the NBC affiliate in Houston, and KSAT, the ABC affil in San Antonio. Iwerks Entertainment Inc. boosted the number of shares it will issue in its acquisition of Omni Films Intl. Inc. by about 175,000 shares to just under 1.49 million. As reported, an agreement signed in February had set the purchase price at $ 4.5 million in cash and about 1.2 million newly issued shares. The cash amount remains the same.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut