Breakthrough Awards will be presented for media portrayals of women and men as equals during “Sex, Violence or Love Between Equals 1994,” a symposium from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday at the Bel Age Hotel. Participants include producer David E. Kelley (“Picket Fences”), screenwriter Callie Kouri (“Thelma & Louise”), L.A. Times TV critic Howard Rosenberg and Elizabeth Daley, dean of the USC School of Cinema-Television. Information: (909) 986-4564, Ext. 313.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California