Broadcasters are urging the House telecommunications subcommittee to include a broadcast industry “wish list” in information superhighway legislation that will be voted on next week.Congressional sources said the National Assn. of Broadcasters has floated a proposal that is similar to broadcast industry-backed provisions that were included in an infopike bill introduced in the Senate. The provisions would direct the FCC to review TV and radio ownership rules and permit broadcasters greater use of the spectrum by allowing entry into data transmission businesses. The NAB proposals will likely be added to whatever bill that passes out of Rep. Ed Markey’s panel next week, a congressional aide said.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut