The Rogers & Cowan PR firm is suing actress Joanne Woodward for 18 months of fees and expenses unpaid before she and husband Paul Newman severed their ties with the company.In a complaint filed Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court, Rogers & Cowan said Newman wrote the company in June 1992 to terminate their relationship “partly because, as we wind down our entertainment careers, there appears to be less and less requirements for public relations.” The suit seeks 5% of Woodward’s gross entertainment industry earnings for 1991 and the first half of 1992, plus expenses. She had been a Rogers & Cowan client since 1960.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut