A former MCA employee who pleaded guilty to firing a rifle at the company’s high-rise headquarters last April 20 was sentenced Wednesday to 10 years in prison.John Brian Jarvis, 58, pleaded guilty Feb. 9 to seven counts of assault with a deadly weapon and two counts of firing at an occupied building. Under terms of a plea agreement, Superior Court Judge John Reid sentenced Jarvis to 10 years in prison. Jarvis originally was charged with seven counts of assault with a deadly weapon and nine counts of shooting at an occupied building. He had faced a maximum 30-year prison term. Workers at MCA headquarters dived under desks and ran for elevators when Jarvis fired a rifle at the 16-story tower from a park. Two people were shot and wounded, and six others were injured by flying glass.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut