LONDON — A court Thursday granted a temporary reprieve to endangered Elstree Studios, where “Star Wars” and the Indiana Jones trilogy of films were shot.The court granted the reprieve to the studio pending a full court hearing of a local authority. It ruled that Hertsmere Borough Council, responsible for the area where the studios are based, had a possible case for insisting the owners, troubled gambling and entertainment group Brent Walker, keep Elstree open. The council charged that Brent Walker had allowed the site, north of London, to decline and was reneging on a 1990 agreement with them to retain Elstree for film and television use for 25 years. Brent Walker said in July last year that it could no longer afford to run the studios, and claims that it plans to use the buildings for other purposes.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut