Public broadcasting’s best and brightest will be feted by President and Mrs. Clinton at a White House reception Thursday honoring the 25th anniversary of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.The invited guests include Bill Moyers, Fred Rogers, “The Civil War” helmer Ken Burns and actors LeVar Burton and Sissy Spacek. Others expected to attend include National Public Radio’s “Car Talk” duo of Tom and Ray Magliozzi, “Wall Street Week” host Louis Rukeyser and Russell Baker, the new host of “Masterpiece Theater.” Motion Picture Assn. of America prez Jack Valenti, who worked in the Johnson administration when CPB was created, will also be on hand.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut