In 1984, some of those at the Emmy Awards found themselves in the embarrassing position of knowing who the winners were ahead of time.The New York Post had obtained a list of winners and printed their names in a late edition. At the ceremony, Bob Gentry of “All My Children,” who’d seen the report, sat with Erika Slezak and Susan Lucci, both competing for best actress. Said Gentry: “I couldn’t look either of them in the eye.” Slezak won. Lucci did not storm out as she had the previous year.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut