CBS could announce as early as today that it has set the Ed Sullivan Theatre as the home of the David Letterman program when the comedian/host moves to the network later this year. Representatives of CBS are believed to have worked through the weekend in an attempt to put a deal together for the facility this week.The country’s only radio format devoted to children was introduced to Southern California Thursday. Radio AAHS, produced by Children’s Satellite Network, will be broadcast 24 hours a day on KPLS-AM (830) in Los Angeles and KCTQ-AM (850) in Oxnard/Ventura. Genesis Entertainment, which surprised many by announcing it would bring back the low-rated “Whoopi Goldberg Show” for a second season, has secured renewals in three of the top-four TV markets. WPIX in New York, KCAL and WGBS in Philadelphia have reupped for the series.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania