Lancit Media Prods. is developing the Caroline B. Cooney young-adult novel “The Cheerleader” as an ABC Afterschool Special. Jeffrey Kindley will script, with Lancit’s Cecily Truett, Larry Lancit and Jozie Emmerich as exec producers.The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Foundation is sponsoring 27 internships this summer in various entertainment areas. It is the 28th year ATAS has conducted the program. Hosts are scheduled to include NBC, Warner Bros. TV, Film Roman, Fox Children’s Network, Paramount and Viacom. ABC will test its fourth news hour, “Turning Point,” with a special airing July 27 at 10 p.m. and said it plans to introduce the show early next year. Formerly titled “Moment of Crisis,” the series will highlight a single event each week, with Phyllis McGrady as exec producer.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut