South Carolina Monday hosted the first of four forums to solicit suggestions on making public broadcasting programming more diverse and objective. Key Republican lawmakers protested an alleged liberal bias in pubcasting programming , Congress passed an amendment to a CPB funding bill that required “objectivity and balance” in public TV and radio shows.Forums also will be held in Dallas Sept. 27; Seattle/Tacoma Nov. 9; and in Florida.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- Ringling College of Art and Design, Sarasota, Florida
- MRC, Beverly Hills, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California