The two-hour premiere episode of “RoboCop,” a new firstrun TV series from Toronto-based Skyvision Entertainment that will be distributed domestically by Rysher Entertainment beginning in February (Daily Variety, June 9), will be written by the team that penned the original 1987 theatrical pic, Michael Miner and Ed Neumeier.Stephen Downing (“MacGyver”) will exec produce and J. Miles Dale (“Top Cops, “”Friday the 13th”) will produce. The producing team of Frank Konigsberg and Larry Sanitsky will serve as creative consultants. The 21 one-hour programs that follow the premiere have been budgeted at $ 1.5 million per episode, according to Skyvision.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California