The two-hour premiere episode of “RoboCop,” a new firstrun TV series from Toronto-based Skyvision Entertainment that will be distributed domestically by Rysher Entertainment beginning in February (Daily Variety, June 9), will be written by the team that penned the original 1987 theatrical pic, Michael Miner and Ed Neumeier.Stephen Downing (“MacGyver”) will exec produce and J. Miles Dale (“Top Cops, “”Friday the 13th”) will produce. The producing team of Frank Konigsberg and Larry Sanitsky will serve as creative consultants. The 21 one-hour programs that follow the premiere have been budgeted at $ 1.5 million per episode, according to Skyvision.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Company Confidential, New York, New York
- Entertainment Partners, New York City, New York
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania