The Broadcast Promotion & Marketing Executives organization this week changes its name to Promotion & Marketing Executives in the Electronic Media.BPME is now Promax Intl. “The fundamental trend right now is ‘branding’ for TV networks and local stations, and we were doing a pretty lackluster job of walking the walk and talking the talk,” said prez Jim Chabin. He said the acronym BPME drew the response “What is that?” In the new name, “Pro” derives from the word promotion, “ma” from marketing, “x” from exex. “Broadcast” in the old name was misleading, since cablers are the group’s fastest growing segment. The moniker also had to be easily pronounceable by its members in 28 foreign countries and legally trademarked worldwide.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut