Pope John Paul II, history’s most traveled and publicly displayed pontiff, takes to the airwaves today on two national television networks.RAI-2, the network associated with the Socialist Party, planned to broadcast the first of 20 three-minute segments just before its midday news program today. The segments, called “Reflections,” are drawn from many hours of prayers, homilies and speeches by the pope filmed by the Vatican Television Center. Also today, the RAI-1 network begins a series on the life and pontificate of the 72-year-old John Paul. It is based on a planned video release by a Christian Democrat deputy, Alberto Michelini, a former journalist for RAI-1’s news department.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut