PBS has become the first national TV network to pact with TV Answer for its interactive technology, to be used in both programming and member stations’ fund-raising and marketing activities.TV Answer technology will be piloted on a limited number of PBS stations as a test early next year, with the rollout to be determined by the Federal Communications Commission, which will issue licenses for interactive TV and data services. TV Answer, a wireless communications service based in Reston, Va., has announced previous deals with a number of advertising agencies. PBS hopes the technology will allow both incorporation of interactive elements into programming and viewers to make contributions and purchase program-related products through their TV sets.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut