Exec producer Lorne Michaels has named veterans from two of his series, Robert Smigel and Jeff Ross, producers on the new Conan O’Brien talkshow that will fill NBC’s “Late Night With David Letterman” slot.Smigel, for the last eight years a writer on “Saturday Night Live,” has been named producer-head writer on the O’Brien show, while Ross — exec producer of Michaels’ CBS latenight series “Kids in the Hall”– will also serve as producer. Smigel has been a part-time performer on “SNL” and hopes to maintain an affiliation with the series. Ross has served as VP of production for Michaels’ Broadway Video Entertainment and produced various HBO specials, among them “Paul Simon Concert in Central Park.” The O’Brien show, which will premiere later this summer, is expected to hang onto the “Late Night” moniker.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut