The National Assn. of Broadcasters this week reaffirmed voluntary program guidelines adopted in 1990.Guidelines recommend that kidvid programs promote “sound, balanced development of children.” Violence “should not be used exploitatively,” while sexually oriented shows that “purely pander to prurient or morbid interests should be avoided.” References to drugs and substance abuse should not portray drugs as “socially desirable,” the guidelines said. This comes on the heels of a decision by the Big Three networks to attempt to curb violence on TV.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut