Gloria Steinem and producing partner Rosilyn Heller have teamed up with Robert Greenwald Prods. to develop a four-hour miniseries for CBS on the history of the women’s movement.The project, being written by Marjorie David (who scripted TNT’s “The Margaret Bourke-White Story”), will be based on fact but not any specific literary property. The subject matter seems to dovetail with the strong female orientation of movies and minis, since women are the vast majority of viewers in that genre. Steinem, the publisher of Ms. magazine, has had only sparse involvement with network TV, while Heller’s credits include the feature “Who’s That Girl?” Steinem, Heller and Greenwald would serve as exec producers.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut