Fed up with TV stations that blast viewers with ads up to four times louder than shows, the government on Wednesday ordered broadcasters to tone it down.The Higher Council for Broadcasting ordered that advertisements “not exceed the average sound volume of the rest of the program.” A recently completed council study said TV ads are louder than programs about 95% of the time.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut