Genesis Entertainment has reportedly begun notifying stations that the frosh entry “The Whoopi Goldberg Show” will not be back for a second season.The 30-minute talkstrip has been averaging a paltry 1.8 rating in the season-to-date Nielsen national syndication rankings. Genesis intends to make a formal announcement concerning the show’s fate June 1, when the syndicator’s option to renew the series arrives. In another talk-related matter, there was word late last week that Group W Prods. and outraged hostess Vicki Lawrence may be close to settling their differences — a move that would permit the “Vicki!” series to continue in production for a second season.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut