A national alliance of the major forces in Canadian TV has promised to come up with a voluntary code to control the level of violence shown on TV here. Some broadcasters are, more immediately, banning violence before 9 p.m. Canadian communications minister Perrin Beatty told the industry to come up with a self-regulatory code or he will have federal watchdog CRTC enforce its own set of rules.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California