Industry R&D, a recently launched fax service that hooks up a network of 500 print and broadcast reporters with a variety of TV news and movie clients, reportedly has entered into a deal with ABC News to provide story tips.The company was established last August as a tip sheet that can provide news orgs with a jump on stories by quickly offering the reporters, their notes and contacts. In exchange, R&D arranges to get the reporters a small royalty if the material is used. R&D’s deal with ABC is said to include both the news and magazine wings. Sources said R&D may also be close to deals with broadcast networks in Germany and Japan as well as a tabloid TV strip.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut