The FCC will continue to enforce regulations against broadcast indecency, but only between the hours of 6 a.m. and 8 p.m., interim FCC chairman James Quello said.Quello’s comments followed last week’s ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit that tossed out as unconstitutional a Federal Communications Commission ban against indecent programming from 6 a.m. to midnight. The court’s ruling means new FCC chairman Reed Hundt will be faced with an early decision on whether to appeal the case to the U.S. Supreme Court. It’s expected the U.S. Dept. of Justice will also be involved in deciding to pursue an appeal. The court ruling would seem to raise questions about the constitutionality of various proposals in Congress to regulate TV violence.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut