Granada Group, the British TV and leisure conglomerate, saw pre-tax profits rise 28% to T68.1 million ($ 103 million) for the six months ended March 27.The company’s wholly owned ITV station, Granada TV, increased its profits by 19% to T21.2 million, largely thanks to cuts in overhead. Sales for the TV operation rose just 0.6% to T138.8 million. Overall group sales were T640 million, up only marginally from the same period last year. The new ITV license period started Jan. 1, halfway through the six-month period, resulting in a heavier burden upon Granada TV of payments to the government for the right to broadcast. The company also owns 13.5% of British Sky Broadcasting, the multichannel satellite TV service, which is on track to produce “significant operating profits” this year.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut