In a move to placate cablers, the Fox affiliate board of governors voted Wednesday to recommend extending retransmission-consent bargaining for 60 days with cable operators that have yet to commit to the company’s new basic cable network.Stations and multisystem cable operators have been racing to meet an Oct. 6 deadline, but the two-month “status quo” period would permit operators to continue negotiating long-term carriage agreements while continuing to carry Fox affils free of charge. So far, 13 MSOs serving 19 million subscribers have signed up for the new Fox cable web. Fox affil board chairman Gregg Filandrinos of KDNL, St. Louis, said several cable operators have voiced the need for time extensions.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut