German private web RTL has inked a three-year, 250 million mark ($ 156 million) deal with Dutch production company JE Entertainment.JE’s Cologne office has long supplied RTL with much of the web’s top rated entertainment, series and sitcom programming. “We need long-running series and the possibility to develop new and different formats,” RTL program director Marc Conrad said of the deal reached with JE’s German boss, Peter Brouwer. Under the contract, JE will deliver 52 50-minute series episodes, 26 25 -minute sitcoms and 45 50-minute infotainment programs. JE has been a pioneer of formatting in Germany. For example, it brought the successful British show “999” to German screens as “Notruf.” Currently in production for RTL are 26 episodes of the British cop series “The Bill” under the title “Die Wache” as well as two new shows with popular talkshow host Rudi Caab.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut