The FCC renewed six Philadelphia radio station licenses over the objections of the Philadelphia Lesbian and Gay Task Force, the Pennsylvania National Organization for Women and three other groups.The groups claimed the stations failed to address programming needs of women, African-Americans, lesbians, gays and Hispanics. But the FCC judged the allegations “insufficient to demonstrate that the stations defaulted on their obligation to serve the public interest.” The FCC withheld renewing four station licenses cited by the groups, however, pending an investigation into whether the stations are meeting equal employment opportunity guidelines.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut