The first Daytime Emmy Awards telecast in 1974 was broadcast live from the skating rink at New York’s Rockefeller Center.It began the legend of Daytime Emmy weather. NATAS president James Cannon recalls: “There was a hailstorm right before the show and it rained again afterwards, but not during the show.” Later, when the ceremony was staged in Central Park and on a boat cruising around Manhattan, the weather was bad immediately preceding and following the event, but it never rained on the Emmy parade.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut