Leslie Dektor, Willi Patterson and Joe Pytka are the 1992 Directors Guild of America nominees for best director of commercials.Dektor was nominated for Bank of America’s “Second Generation,” U.S. West’s “Missed the Bus” and Southern California Edison’s “Truth.” Patterson was nominated for Philips Electronics’ “Clear Sound,” while Pytka was nominated for Nike’s “Hare Jordan” and Hallmark’s “Old Friend.” The winner will be announced at the 45th annual DGA awards banquet, March 6 at the Beverly Hilton. Carl Reiner will serve as the evening’s emcee. Award presenters include Barry Levinson, Kevin Hooks, Diedre Hall, John Frankenheimer and Jackie Cooper.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut