The claim that Gene Roddenberry said the original “Star Trek” TV show had not turned a profit until 1985 was made by his ex-wife, Eileen, during testimony in her suit against Norway Corp., her late ex-husband’s company (Daily Variety, Feb. 16). Also, while Eileen Roddenberry will receive half of the profits from certain “Star Trek” properties, she will receive 30% of Norway’s profit participation from “Star Trek: The Next Generation” and was denied any share of income from merchandising, royalties, producer fees or future film projects.
Follow @Variety on Twitter for breaking news, reviews and more
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- MLB Network, Secaucus, New Jersey
- Scripps Networks Interactive, New York, New York
- starpower llc, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California