The claim that Gene Roddenberry said the original “Star Trek” TV show had not turned a profit until 1985 was made by his ex-wife, Eileen, during testimony in her suit against Norway Corp., her late ex-husband’s company (Daily Variety, Feb. 16). Also, while Eileen Roddenberry will receive half of the profits from certain “Star Trek” properties, she will receive 30% of Norway’s profit participation from “Star Trek: The Next Generation” and was denied any share of income from merchandising, royalties, producer fees or future film projects.
Want Entertainment News First? Sign up for Variety Alerts and Newsletters!
- Entertainment One, Los Angeles, California
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- The Los Angeles Film School, Los Angeles CA
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc., New York, New York
- MPCA, Los Angeles, California