President Bush has appointed David P. Prosperi, his former deputy press secretary, to the Corp. for Public Broadcasting’s board of directors.Prosperi becomes the ninth member of what is supposed to be a 10-member CPB board through the process of “recess appointment.” Such an appointment occurs when Congress is not in session and allows a presidential nominee to avoid the Senate confirmation process. Prosperi was nominated to the CPB board last July, but the Senate did not act upon the nomination. Prosperi has been VP communications for the Chicago Board of Trade since 1990 . He was assistant secretary at the U.S. Dept. of Transportation in 1989-90 and deputy press secretary to Bush in 1988-89.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut