The Radio-Television News Directors Assn. has selected former CBS News writer-producer Ed Bliss as recipient of its annual Paul White award.Bliss was a writer-producer for legendary broadcast journalist Edward R. Murrow and CBS anchor Walter Cronkite. After retiring from the Eye web, he headed the broadcast journalism department at American University in Washington, D.C. The Paul White award is named in honor of the first news director at CBS. Past winners include Murrow, Ted Turner, David Brinkley and Barbara Walters. Bliss will receive the award Oct. 2 at the annual RTNDA confab in Miami Beach.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut