ABC will reportedly churn up the sweeps waters in February with a one-hour primetime special based on the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition.The special is part of a previously announced agreement between the network and Time Telepictures TV (Daily Variety, June 25), calling for the development of specials based on Time Inc. magazines. The SI spec, marking the swimsuit edition’s 30th anniversary, will be the first to air under that deal, with at least four additional specials planned and an option to do more. Topics haven’t been identified for the other specials, although one will likely be based on People magazine. A separate advertiser-supported two-hour People magazine 20th anniversary special will air on ABC in March. Av Westin is the exec producer. Time Telepictures TV will also produce the syndicated strip “Entertainment News Television,” to be distributed by Warner Bros. Domestic TV Distribution, another Time-Warner unit.
2016-2017 Oscar Predictions
- ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ ‘Live By Night,’ ‘Allied’ Among Costume Design Oscar Contenders
- ‘Ultra Widescreen’ Version of Terrence Malick’s ‘Voyage of Time’ Set for Release (EXCLUSIVE)
- For Television, Golden Globes Voters Value ‘Kingmaker’ Role
- ‘Silence’: Will Academy Voters Embrace Martin Scorsese’s Passion Project?
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut