ABC affiliates will get a second look this week at the controversial drama series “NYPD Blue,” with the second episode and revised pilot (minus 15 seconds in a sex scene) being fed to stations, according to affiliate sources.ABC acknowledged that about 20 stations, totaling 5% of the U.S., say they won’t clear the series. That number is significantly lower than figures reported by the American Family Assn., a lobbying group that’s waged an ongoing campaign against the Steven Bochco production. Several stations remain on the fence in terms of clearing the series, and an ABC spokesman called it “a fluid situation.” Thus far, the largest station to indicate it won’t carry the pilot is WHAS-TV in Louisville, Ky., ranked 45th among the nation’s approximately 220 TV markets.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut