Sumner Arthur Long, veteran TV writer and playwright who wrote the play “It’s Never Too Late,” died Jan. 6 in his sleep of cancer in Los Angeles.He was 71. Long wrote for several television shows, including “Lassie,””The Donna Reed Show” and “The Life of Riley.” He was a longtime member of the Writers Guild of America West. He is survived by his wife, Beulah; a son, daughter and two grandchildren. In lieu of flowers, family suggests contributions in his memory to charities helping the homeless.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut