Richard Hayden Rorke, 40, former legit actor and scenic designer, died July 3 in Sherman Oaks after a long illnes.Primarily a theatrical actor, Rorke worked nationwide in numerous theaters across the United States. More recently, he designed fabrics and wall papers for the Van Luft Co. in Los Angeles. A graduate of the U. of Arizona department of theater, Rorke garnered several L.A. Drama Critics Circle Awards for both acting and scenic design. Survived by his partner, Charles Ludwig; father and a brother. Services are pending. In lieu of flowers, family requests donations be made to Search Alliance, 7461 Beverly Blvd., Suite 304, Los Angeles 90036 or to the Dept. of Theater, University of Arizona, Tucson, Ariz. 85721.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut