Patrick J. Purcell, 45, has been named president and chief executive of News American Publishing, which will give him oversight over its magazines, TV Guide and Mirabella; its newspaper, the Boston Herald; and two Sunday newspaper insert operations.Purcell, who has been with the company since 1980, is currently publisher of the Boston Herald and president of News American/Newspapers. He is a former publisher of the New York Post. Purcell replaces Les Hinton, who was named chairman and chief executive of Fox Television Stations.
- Triptyk Studios, New York, New York
- Petrol Advertising, Burbank, California
- Bridgewater Associates, Westport, Connecticut
- Company Confidential, Aspen, Colorado
- Save the Children, Fairfield, Connecticut